3.1 A "cookie" is a bit of information that this site sends to your Web browser which helps us remember information about you and your preferences.
3.2 "Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site "remembers" previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
3.3 “Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the site you may find most valuable, and customizing the site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site in your computer do not hold PII.
3.4 You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for "cookie" in the "Help" portion of your browser.
3.5 An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
3.6 "Internet tags" (also known as Web Beacons, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
3.7 “Navigational data" (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
4. Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information. This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous information through the collection methods described above for our own internal operational purposes, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this information in the same manner as provided below for PII.
6. Collection of PII. We will ask you when we need to collect PII (defined above). PII which we collect may vary depending on the benefits and/or services you select, and may include one or more of the following categories of information: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, and credit card information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. ALTHOUGH WE COLLECT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION FOR PURPOSES OF TRANSACTION PROCESSING, WE DO NOT STORE OR ARCHIVE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.
7. Use and Sharing of PII: General Policy. Except as discussed below, our general policy is that we will use your PII only for the performance of the services or transaction for which it was given, and we will not share, sell, or rent your PII to others. The only exceptions to this general policy: (i) are described in the subsections below, and (ii) if explicitly approved by you through our site. We do NOT tie or link your PII to anonymous, passive information with persistent identifiers. For example, we would not tie or link your email address (PII) with information collected by a cookie regarding the length of time you visit our site anonymous, passive information).
7.1 Affiliates. Unless prohibited by law, we may use and share PII within any companies that may legally affiliated with us (such as, for example, any parent, subsidiary, or brother or sister entity) for purposes of providing service and account maintenance, to help us design and improve products and services, and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you. In addition, if you are a subscriber that was referred to us by one of our authorized marketing affiliates, we reserve the right to share your PII with the authorized marketing affiliate that referred you to us.
7.2 Third-Party Service Providers. We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf. These third-party service providers may include, for example, companies that (i) host, manage, and service our website, web servers, software and systems, (ii) provide business or data processing services, (iii) provide marketing services, (iv) provide payment processing, fulfillment, and/or shipping services, (i) refer you to this site in their capacity as our marketing partner or affiliate, and (vi) provide other new services. We may share or make PII accessible to such third parties; however, all such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of PII and are prohibited from using PII for any purpose other than for the services they provide, which may include emails, but only to the extent email is integral to their services.
7.3 In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your PII is treated, transferred, or used.
7.4 Legal Process. We reserve the right to share PII with third parties in response to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or other regulator, or as necessary for other legal purposes.
8. Onward Transfer of PII outside Your Country of Residence. Any PII which we may collect on this site will be stored and processed in our servers located only in the United States. By using this site, if you reside outside the United States, you consent to the transfer of PII outside your country of residence to the United States.
9. Security of PII. We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your PII and other sensitive information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your PII with reasonable and appropriate security measures, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this site.
10. Making Changes to PII. Registered users may make changes to their PII. To update your PII, login and click on the "Modify Profile" link at the top of the page. Key in your updated information and click on the Set Profile button to save.
11. Email from This Site; Opt-Out Rights. If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site as well as for new products or services or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email.
13. Children's Online Policy. We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child's information, please send contact our site as provided below under "Contact Us", and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
14. Email and Other Messages through This Site; ECPA Notice. This site treats email messages and other electronic messages that are sent through this site and not viewable by others as confidential and private, except as required by law, including without limitation, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the "ECPA"). The ECPA permits this site's limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This site is not considered a "secure communications medium" under the ECPA.
15. USA Patriot Act Notice. The federal USA Patriot Act ("USA Patriot Act") provides generally for the operator of a communication host and law enforcement to be able to monitor any content, upon request of the operator. We anticipate fully complying with all our obligations, and availing ourselves of all our rights, under the USA Patriot Act.